How much does it cost to start branding yourself or your business? Of course if you want a logo, marketing materials, website, and such, you’re gonna need to hire a Graphic Designer; but here we’re gonna discuss 5 free things you can do to brand yourself before you send that deposit to the designer.
- Email Address. Once you purchase a domain name, then you can register a true professional email like email@example.com. But even before you spend the money on the domain you can get a free gmail address that matches your business name. MyBusiness@gmail.com may not be the total professional sounding email and it’s not the end point but it definitely sounds better than telling your target audience to email you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Plus it’s simple to put it on your phone so that you can respond quickly and even set up an email signature.
- Social Media. Just as with an email address, most social media sites will allow you to set up pages with your business name while still maintaining your personal accounts as well. And just as with email, you can set it up on your phone to easily toggle between the pages and post content. There are even apps, such as Everypost, that will allow you to post to multiple accounts on different social media sites at once or schedule the posts to appear on your timeline later.
- Blogging. WordPress is free and allows you to position yourself as an expert. You can name your blog after your business, then write about your expertise as often and as consistently as you would like. The point is to make your target audience believe that you’re the one they should come to when they need whatever you’re selling, or to position yourself as the expert. And I’m sure you had no idea I was gonna say this, but you can blog from your phone! Surprise!
- YouTube. Are you a better speaker than you are a writer? Use your phone to make videos rather than or in addition to blogging. You can easily record a video of yourself discussing your business and it’s details, then place the videos on YouTube for your target audience to view and once again, position yourself as an expert and gain subscribers.
- Consolidation. Bring it all together. Share your blog and your YouTube channel on your social media pages, share each time your add content. Share your social media accounts to your blog and YouTube channels and invite people to follow, like, and link with your pages. When you want responses from your audience, use the new email address you just created for them to respond. Use all four of the above samples to promote the others and grow your audience and get them to trust that you’re the expert.
There you have it. I have given you 5 Free ways to brand yourself and position yourself as an expert in your field. Have fun with it, keep it exciting and consistent, and grow your brand. Happy Branding.